(UPDATE: The winners are in BOLD. The remaining 7 teams will undergo a second screening to see how IdeaSpace can continue to support them.)
IdeaSpace Foundation, Inc. (IdeaSpace), the Philippine’s largest privately funded non-profit incubator and accelerator, headed by Marthyn Cua, is about to announce tonight the 10 (out of 17 competing teams) winners in its technology startup competition program. The winners will each receive at least PhP 1 million worth of seed funding investment, training and services.
More than 600 entries were submitted for this competition, involving 3 rounds of judging and a two-month intensive incubation program where the 17 finalists received an initial grant worth PhP 100,000 including PhP 50,000 outright cash grant to work on their product. During this period, they were also mentored and trained to build their entrepreneurial skills; they also got assistance for business incorporation and intellectual property filing support.
The 17 finalists are:
1. CholesteLOW (Davao) – natural anti-cholesterol rice that lowers blood cholesterol to keep the heart healthy
2. BlueLemons (Cavite) – a Filipino theme mobile gaming studio
3. iHarvest (Las Pinas) – the next generation paddy grain dryer powered by solar energy
4. iTravelPH (Batangas) – a GPS-based mobile solution that provides transit routes for smart traveling and commuting
5. FlipTrip.ph (Taguig) – online Philippine travel platform for itinerary customization and booking
6. MyChild – an online and mobile platform for parents and schools to work together to make a child succeed
7. Nyfti (Manila) – a 3-fold bicycle that you can take anywhere
8. R-TAP (Quezon City) – real-time pump controller for efficient water distribution
9. SALt – sustainable alternative lighting solutions powered by water and table salt
10. SmartFleet (Makati/Caloocan/Paranaque) – technology platform enabling transport fleets with operations automation, booking and analytics solutions
11. SupplyHub (Makati/Muntinlupa/Quezon City) – online business-to-business platform that connects buyers with suppliers nationwide
12. Tactiles (Laguna) – hardware kit for basic electronics education
13. Tambio (Manila/Quezon City) – all raffles in one app
14. Taxinoy (Makati) – taxi booking app with zero data charges
15. ToGocery (Muntinlupa/Quezon City) – an intuitive mobile solution for a quicker and simpler grocery shopping
16. Unlock & Load (Makati) – mobile advertising platform
17. WattSmart (Pasig/Quezon City) – online energy audit solution to help monitor electricity use in real time
Congratulations to the winners!