Want to be part of the Manila Earth Hour 2008? Wish you could do something to generate awareness of climate change, energy conservation, saving Mother Earth?
TURN OFF YOUR LIGHTS BETWEEN 8-9 PM LATER TONIGHT!
This is a global campaign which Manila is part of. Mayor Atienza has already pledged to turn off lights along Roxas Blvd. My yoga friend Trin, who works for WWF (a major sponsor/supporter of Earth Hour) texted me earlier that they are having a countdown along CCP’s lawn in Roxas Blvd. at 7 PM.
For more details about Earth Hour, its objectives and cities participating, click HERE to read my earlier blog post.
It looks like there is a groundswell of support for this campaign, which is really heartwarming to see.
* When I went to get my sons’ report cards yesterday, I saw a large tarpaulin announcing Earth Hour
* Just today, I already received several texts announcing this and requesting people to join
* Good friend Aly plans a candlelit pizza dinner with the family
* Today, my daughter and I bonded at Boni High Street while waiting for our youngest who spent the afternoon with a classmate in Makati. There, too, the stores will be joining Earth Hour by turning off 50% of their lights.
* Here at home, it will also be lights out for an hour. Although we are going out for dinner, the househelp have already been asked to turn off all our lights.
I will be bringing my digicam along later just in case there will be camera moments relevant to Earth Hour.
Will you join us please?