The word “investing” can sound really complicated and intimidating. Maybe that is one reason why so few Filipinos are actively investing in different investment instruments. I personally know many who think keeping money in savings accounts is the way to go, not realizing that inflation alone is eating up whatever interest is generated from savings deposits.
There are financial advocates who are now bringing the message of investing to the public with clarity and simplicity, but with a strong message. I call them financial evangelists and they have been giving workshops and going on speaking engagements for many years now. Their dream is to get more Filipinos into the investing mode. One of them is a good, good friend of mine – Randell Tiongson — who I consider a pioneer in this field, a columnist in his own right, and author of a best-selling book “Money Manifesto“. Randell is an original force behind ICON, an annual gathering of the best and inspiring speakers and advocates in the field of investing. I missed ICON 2014 last year because of time conflicts but I’m really happy to be able to go to ICON 2015 which will be happening this May 30, 2015 at the SMX Convention Center, Pasay City.
Randell Tiongson is leading the speaker lineup. With him are powerhouse speakers like:
Marvin Germo – well-known stock market trader and best-selling author of “Stock Smarts” (another friend!)
Francis Kong – respected lecturer, inspirational speaker, and author of “Only the Real Matters”
Jess Uy – Global Investing Advocate, personal speaker and finance coach
Alvin Ang – Economist and Ateneo de Manila University Professor
In addition, new speakers are joining this installment of ICON:
Efren Cruz – seasoned financial adviser, best-selling author of the “Pwede Na! The Complete Pinoy Guide” series and founder of Personal Finance Advisers Philippine Corporation (PFAPC)
Chinkee Tan – radio host, wealth host, and best-selling author of “Till Debt Do Us Part”
Sun Life Financial’s Managing Director (Asia) Michael Manuel will be giving a brief sponsor’s session, “Why It Is a Good Time to Invest Now“.
Registration fees are as follows:
Gold – PhP 2,800 (closest to the stage with 1 FREE coffee and snack from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf for the first 150 attendees)
Silver – PhP 1,200
Student – PhP 500
To reserve your slot, here is the registration link: http://bit.ly/ICON2015REG
Now for the exciting part…..
Because of the generosity of Randell, I am going to be able to bring 5 people to ICON 2015 with me and these will come from my blog readers.
The 5 tickets are:
Two (2) Gold tickets
Three (3) Silver tickets
1. Please join only if you can make it on May 30 to ICON 2015 at SMX Convention Center, Pasay City. I really want all 5 people to get the full benefits of listening to these speakers because the knowledge gained will be life-changing. The slots are NON-TRANSFERABLE. I will be giving the names of those chosen to the organizers so substitution won’t be allowed.
2. To get a chance to be chosen, just leave a comment on this blog post telling me why you want to go to ICON 2015. Include your email address because that is where I will contact the people selected. Each entrant is entitled to leave only 1 comment.
3. Comments will be accepted till Friday, May 22, 11:59 PM. I will announce the chosen people on Sunday, May 24, on this blog. Emails will go out next week with instructions on how to claim the tickets before or on the day of ICON 2015.
4. Tag me on social media to let me know you joined. On Facebook, just comment under my Facebook page post and say “I just left a comment on your ICON 2015 post”. If you are on Twitter, tag me at @philippinebeat with the tweet “I just left a comment on your @icon_ph post”.
5. My choices are FINAL. The two most relevant/meaningful comments get the GOLD tickets and the other 3 get the SILVER tickets.
If you still have not gotten into the mindset of investing, promise yourself you will begin NOW. Your decision today will make a huge difference for yourself and your family in the future.